It is possible to sublease your unit (leasing it to someone else) for short periods of time, such as during the summer vacation. However, the new tenant must be a student and you must fill out an application form and give it to the housing office. Please note that it is not possible to sublease your unit on AirBnB or similar service providers. 
According to the rental agreement, the tenant may not sublease the unit without a written permission from the Landlord. This also applies during holidays. Furthermore, according to the Tenancy Act § 11-2, irrespective of the length of a tenants contract, a unit can only be subleased for a total of six months. The sublessor must also be a student at UiT or Unis, and have paid the semester fee for the entire period. If the tenant cancels his/her studies, the right to sublease ceases to exist. The tenant is required to inform the Landlord when he/she completes the study program or cancels the study program.Breaches of contract may result in cancelation of the rental agreement. 

The rent should be paid by the 15th of each month. The bill will be sendt digitally every month. You can find your invoice on MyPage. A reminder will be sent to your email as and when your invoice becomes available, and it is your responsibility to pay it before the deadline. If you do not pay it in time a late fee will be added to your bill. If you wish to pay by fixed-term giro or e-billing, you will need to set this up with your bank.   

Account number for paying rent: 9731 05 04029.

If you would like to pay from an overseas account, you will have to use the IBAN and SWIFT/BIC-numbers. 

IBAN                   NO5997310504029


Please use the following account number for your deposit: 9731 07 02688

You will find the payment details at the end of the rental agreement. Remember your KID-number. 

If you would like to pay from an overseas account, you will have to use the IBAN and SWIFT/BIC-numbers. 

IBAN                   NO7597310702688

You must pay the deposit before moving into your unit

We usually return the deposit within one month, provided that there are no oustanding payments/demands from the Landlord. If you have an overseas account, please provide the IBAN and SWIFT/BIC-number. 

It is not possible to pay the deposit or the rent in cash at the housing office. 

More information to come
Do you want to change your unit?
You can apply to change your unit on Min side. The application will not be registered if it is sent in the first or last month of the time stipulated in the rental agreement. If your application is successful, the housing office will charge a processing fee. See the price list.

The processing fee will not be returned should you reject the offer to change units. 

Renewing the rental agreement
The rental agreement can only be signed annually. When the rental agreement is about to expire, we will send an e-mail to enquire whether you would like to extend the lease. You can apply for a new lease at Min side. 

The application deadline is the 1st of May and 1st of November for the spring and autumn semesters, respectively. You can only stay in student accommodation for a total of 5 years. 

Termination of the lease

If you want to terminate the lease earlier than the end of the contract, you can do so. The lease will continue to run for two months from the 1st of the month following the termination of the termination. The termination should be sent from My page. Rent must be paid for the entire notice period, even if relocation occurs earlier. The accommodation should be handed over in clean condition and will be inspected by the cleaning staff after you have handed in your keys . See our video of how to clean the student residence.

If the accommodation is not properly cleaned and additional cleaning is required, you will receive a cleaning bill. The additional cleaning will be performed either by an external agency or our own cleaners depending on capacity. If the property is damaged or there are objects missing, a bill will also be issued. Any charges are notified in advance before deducting from the deposit.

Remember to empty the storage room when moving.