Water damage

If there is a leak or other water damage on the property, it is important to get help as soon as possible. If there is a leak, turn off the stopcock if you know where this is. When the water is turned off, it is important to let the water dry as quickly as possible.

If the problem occurs during the working hours (Monday - Friday 08.30-15.30) , please contact the housing office at 769 62000 / 404 87118, or visit our offices on campus.

If the water damage occurs outside working hours and you believe it cannot wait until the following day, please contact Securitas AS on +47 466 37245..

Fire/fire alarm

All student housing units are equipped with a fire detector and an extinguisher. Get to know where fire extinguishers and extinguishers are in your home. It is strictly forbidden to remove or cover fire detectors.

If we suspect that something is wrong with the fire protection equipment in the building, Samskipnaden can enter the unit without notifying the tenants first. Removing / covering the fire detector will result in a fee, see our overview «Price List Additional Services». You are responsible for reading the fire instruction as well as the escape plan in your building.

It is important that you notify us if you notice any fire safety concerns, for example, if you find that a fire extinguisher is removed.

Escape routes must not be blocked at any time. It is not allowed to store your belongings etc. in stairways and entrances. If anything is stored in a way that is blocking escape routes, it will be removed.

The Norwegian Arctic Student Organisation changes the battery in smoke detectors once a year. Fire extinguisher should not be removed from its designated space.

In the case of fire:

1. Save
Make sure everyone residing in the home is safe. Close doors and windows.

2. Alert
Notify the fire department by calling the emergency number 110. Enter the exact address of the building that is burning.

3. Extinguish
If the fire has not become too extensive, attempt to extinguish with fire extinguishers, but do not expose yourself to danger.

Beware of inhaling smoke. Smoke poisoning is dangerous, so get out as soon as possible. As the smoke pulls upwards you should creep along the floor since there is more oxygen there. In addition, if it is dark, use the wall as the directional help to the nearest exit.

Advice to avoid unwanted alarms

Smoke caused by cooking, using toasters and burning candles can affect the smoke detectors. Do not place a toaster or candle directly underneath the detector. Ensure good ventilation by using a fan when cooking. Close the kitchen door when cooking in the kitchen. Vapor emissions affects all types of smoke detectors.

Never leave lit candles or food on a hot stove. Make it a habit to turn off these as soon as you stop using them.

I have locked myself out
If you have locked yourself out of your room, you can contact Nokas Security at 466 37 245. You will have to sign for the service and Samskipnaden will send you an invoice afterwards. See the price list. New price to be locked into your student house by NOKAS is NOK 750,- from January 1st 2020. You pay directly to NOKAS by VIPPS.
Lost key

If you have lost your house key, you can contact our Housing office during opening hours (Monday - Friday 08.30-15.30) at our offices on campus. You will be charged a fee for a new key according to our price list.

If you do not hand in your keys when you move out, you will be charged for a new set of keys.

If you have seen beetles, mice or others pest, please contact the office immediately or send a message to the maintenance service (through My page). Because students travel more than other populations, there is unfortunately a higher risk of bringing pests, but we are only able to reduce these risks if you contact us immediately.
Emergency numbers

Fire - 110
If there is a fire or a major accident.

Police - 112
For criminal offences where there is a danger to people’s lives, if there is a risk of evidence being destroyed, or for other urgent inquiries.

Ambulance and medical emergencies - 113
Call 113 for help. Secure the scene and any injured persons. Provide first aid.

Text telephone for deaf and people with hearing disabilities - 1412

Accident and emergency unit  - 116 117
Accepts patients in need of immediate help, i.e. treatment of illness and injuries that cannot wait until the next day. For life threatening situations, call 113.

Police - 02800
For non-urgent contact with police where there is no danger to people’s lives, or risk of evidence being destroyed.